Saturday 14 November 2009

It's Spring in Buenos Aires

25 hours after I left home yesterday, and after a two hour delay in Paris, my flight touched down in Buenos Aires, and for the first time, I put my feet on South American soil.

This is my third visit to the southern hemisphere, but the first time that the shift in seasons has been truly evident. After all, when you visit Africa, you expect it to be hot and sunny, no matter whether it's winter or summer. This time, however, I left the leaves hanging on to the trees by a mere thread, and arrived to find everything in bloom again! There may have been torrential rain in Buenos Aires yesterday, but there is no sign of that today.

So, I went for a wander around town,




... admired the flowers ...



... spotted some trains for Dad ...



... found a whole bunch of palm trees ...



... watched a tango demonstration ...



... managed to order myself an ice cream (lemon and chocolate mousse) ...



... watched the local wildlife, hard at work ...




... visited the cemetary,



and then went back to the hotel at 5.30 for a short nap, and didn't wake up until 2am.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tot nu toe klinkt je trip al fantastisch en je bent
pas net weg! Have fun x Claudi

Unknown said...

Nice pictures..... Do you also have WiFi on the boat later on?

Tash said...

wifi... no. there's is email over satellite though so I hope to be able to post from there a couple times, though pictures might have to wait until I'm back.

Elisheva said...

Wow! I wanna go!

Ron Kolijn said...

Looking out of my window, here in Holland, it's hard to imagine that it's springtime somewhere else on the planet...

Enjoy!