Friday 6 November 2009

Cables

Mum has come to visit for the weekend, and one of our first jobs this afternoon, as part of Antarctic preparation was to visit the knitting shop to buy yarn for my Antarctic project (Boogie Vest). Of course, we couldn't leave the shop without Mum picking up something too - the makings of a couple scarves.


On the train up to Amsterdam for choir practice we took out the needles and the trusty instruction book, and learnt how to make cables, which fortunately turned out to be easier than I had anticipated. Along the way, Mum picked up a mistake I was making, which also explained the odd effects I'd noticed in my practice pieces the last couple nights. It just goes to show that if you haven't done something in a while, it's maybe good to double check the instructions again!

No comments: