Sunday 25 October 2009

Choral Evensong - The Hague and Haarlem - 25th October 2009

I'm just home from a joint choral evensong in The Hague, sung by the choirs of The Hague and Haarlem. Although I'm not technically a member of either choir, I have associations with both, so I also had the opportunity to join them for the service.

For me it was quite a nostalgic service. Not only to be singing back in The Hague, where I was a member of the choir for 3 years, but also in the choice of music, since the responses, anthem and canticles were all pieces which I learnt in my first summer with Bowdon Choir, and are firmly entrenched in my memories of my first cathedral trips with the choir.

  • Introit: God be in my head, Nicholson
  • Responses: Ayleward
  • Psalm: 34, Lloyd
  • Canticles: Purcell in G minor
  • Anthem: Hail Gladdening Light, Wood

No comments: