Saturday 21 March 2009

Choral Evensong - 21st March 2009

After a quick stop at home to change my clothes into something less muddy, I was back on the train to Amsterdam for Choral Evensong. Given I was so tired, it was lucky that all of today's repertoire, aside from the anthem, was very familiar. It was a particular pleasure to sing the Walford Davies settings of Psalm 23, one of my favourites, and one that I've missed since I no longer sing regularly in Bowdon.

Music:

  • introit: Lord, for thy tender mercy's sake Farrant
  • responses: Ayleward
  • office hymn: Audi benigne conditor
  • psalm 23, Walford Davies
  • canticles: Dyson in F
  • anthem: Lord, how long wilt thou be angry Hayes
On my way home again, tiredness overtook me and some time around Leiden I fell fast asleep. I woke up, rather disoriented as the train pulled out of a station. Blearily wondering where I was, I read the sign as we trundled past a rather familiar looking Kiosk snack dispenser - Delft! Off at Schiedam, then, and a 20 minute wait for a train back in the other direction...

No comments: