Saturday 16 January 2010

Choral Evensong - 16th January 2010

So, our first choral evensong of 2010, and my one year anniversary with the Nicholas Chorale.

As is becoming a pattern, I read one of the lessons... and managed to completely mispronounce the word "saith" about 5 times.  Which wouldn't be so embarrassing if it hadn't been for the fact that I sung it any number of times when practising the anthem.  I also lost my place for one heartstopping fraction of a section.  Reading lessons remains ridiculously scary!

  • Introit: O Almighty and everlasting God, Barcrofte
  • Responses: Statham
  • Office Hymn: Hostes Herodius impie
  • Psalms: 8 and 20
  • Canticles: Sumsion in G (and I've been singing them in my head ever since!)
  • Anthem: From the rising of the sun, Ouseley (which has also occasionally been popping into my head to give Sumsion a break)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore "from the rising of the sun" It always puts me in a good mood!