Friday 31 July 2009

ScribeFire

I've been investigating the options for updating my blog offline, and as ever, much of the available software is only for the PC. I've decided to try out ScribeFire, an add-on for Firefox. My hope is that whilst I'm in Antarctica I can prepare blog entries and publish them on my return home, rather than trying to play catch-up.

At first glance it seems to do what I need - providing the option to create new posts, edit old posts and assign categories and posting date to entries. If you can see this post, then it would appear to work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Natasha,
I tried it out, but it does not allow you to create blog entries with images. I needs to upload those during creation of the entry. Silly requirement. It will make your blog boring!
I found 2 other promising products. Ecta and Blogo, both for Mac ofcourse. They are buggy, but do the job better.