Friday 1 May 2009

Road Trip (8): Back to New Westminster

A quiet morning at the cabin to finish our trip. I went for a run along the dyke - a perfect spot for running, it has beautiful views, is flat, and even has mileposts (well, technically speaking, kilometre posts). Not that I ran further than the first post :-) I also had another go at trying to find the geocache which I know is hidden in the woods there. The one Mum, Janet and I hunted for last year. Still didn't find it.

I planned to visit the Great Blue Heron nature reserve on the way home, but we couldn't find the way in. Most frustrating. Maybe the next time. Back in along the highway then to New Westminster, the road was packed the whole way home, and we were held up with construction work. A slightly anticlimatic end to the trip.

No comments: